As Content Manager for Vocalocity, I acted as the internal team lead for our corporate site redesign which launched in October 2012. The new experience was immediately received well by customers and industry specialists alike (see second image at left).
Working with a great web development vendor, I saw the project from discovery to implementation and:
- Developed a ~400 cell content matrix including SEO meta data and a completely new IA structure.
- Working directly with the VP of Marketing, approved homepage and interior design comps.
- Optimized content for features, plans and resources; rewrote new pages and mapped to IA.
- Coded and tested forms for primary contact page and associated conversion pages.
- Provided direction to a designer for carousel and featured image comps.
- Wrote and categorized process documentation in a shared departmental wiki.
The site launched (thanks to the combined efforts of a coordinated marketing, network & engineering operations, UX and executive team) nearly flawlessly with only nine internal broken links, no visual errors and one infinitesimally small network glitch.
All on-site problems were fixed within a matter of hours, and to follow up and QA, I:
- Populated a new XML sitemap.
- Audited my ~400 cell content matrix and manually fixed any broken redirects.
- Removed redundant redirects.
- Set Analytics benchmarks and ran a benchmark SEO report.